Digitalization has long been a trend in business. However, in many companies, document workflow still remains in paper form. This slows down business processes and increases the company’s costs for sending documents. Switching to an electronic document workflow and using qualified electronic signatures eliminates these problems.
Even with the transition to QESs, companies use them to a limited extent. It is not right for electronic signatures of other employees to be kept by the chief accountant (especially the director’s signature).
QES gives businesses undeniable advantages. It greatly expands the ability to use it in business. Specifically:
- When an employee applies an electronic signature, he or she can control the integrity of the document. If a counterparty makes any amendments to the signed document, the QES becomes invalid.
- The QES ensures that the company is protected against document forgery.
- The signer cannot deny the fact that the QES has been imposed. It uses a cloud key, to which only the owner of the QES has access. Thus, it is very easy to prove the authorship of an electronic signature.
- The QES records the date and time when exactly the document was signed.
A qualified electronic signature is an indispensable thing for organizing electronic document workflow at a company. It is used for:
- submitting reports to state control bodies;
- signing of internal documents, including personnel documents;
- external document workflow of the company with counterparties.
In other words, an electronic signature can be imposed on any legally significant documents in the company, except for documents of long-term storage.
Therefore, if a company has decided to switch to an electronic format of documents – whether in internal or external document workflow – it needs a QES. However, there is still a lot of discussion about which employees need it. Let’s take a closer look at which positions in companies benefit from the use of QES.
Who uses QES in companies?
An electronic digital signature (QES) is required for all employees who sign documents in a company according to their official duties. Therefore, it is used in almost all departments and divisions:
||Other departments of the company
for a complete transition to internal and external ODE.
The full list of positions that use QES in their work depends on the size of the e-document workflow in the company and the business processes for which e-documents are used.
Government initiatives on the digitalization of business also stipulate the wider use of QESs in companies. For instance, with the mandatory introduction of eTTN (electronic bill of lading) in Ukraine, online e-signatures will be used by logistics workers – store managers, storekeepers, drivers, etc. Once eTTNs become mandatory, all participants of cargo transportation (consignors, carriers, consignees) will have to sign them with a QES.
According to the law, drivers can also sign eTTNs with the electronic signature of individuals. However, in practice, this can be technically difficult to accomplish. In the case of imposing Diia.Signature on eTTN online, drivers do not always agree to provide personal data.
The optimal solution for signing electronic documents in companies is special solutions from qualified e-service providers. For example, such is the Vchasno.KEP service from the Vchasno accredited key certification center. Employees use it to sign documents in a few clicks in the mobile application.
Vchasno.KEP for business
Vchasno.KEP service was created specifically to simplify the transition to electronic document workflow for companies. It is fully compatible with other Vchasno services (Vchasno.ODE, Vchasno.EDI, Vchasno.Kasa), so it can be used in various business industries. In addition, it integrates via API and with any accounting systems.
The QES key administration function is also convenient for businesses. By ordering keys for employees in bulk, the responsible employee of the company gets the opportunity to manage access to electronic signatures. Namely:
- create preliminary requests for obtaining QESs by new employees;
- block the QES of employees who have resigned or changed their position.
How to get Vchasno.KEP?
Vchasno makes it possible to obtain a QES online. For this purpose use Diia.Signature, the QES of an individual or a company employee from any KNEDP (Qualified Electronic Trust Service Provider).
The procedure for obtaining a QES takes no more than 10 minutes. It requires you to:
- register in the Vchasno.KEP service;
- create an application for obtaining a QES;
- fill in the necessary data on the company or an individual;
- choose the type of carrier and type of key (signature or seal);
- choose the type of entity for the future QES (individual or legal entity), the validity period of the key, and fill in the data that are not pulled up automatically.
In Vchasno you can get QES quickly and easily. Activation of the key takes place within one business day.
QES accelerates business processes in many areas of companies' activities. Therefore, a wide range of employees need it. Vchasno.KEP offers a convenient solution for companies working in different industries. You can learn more about the advantages of the service by following the link.
Thank you! We will contact youas soon as possible